Not a bug Inserting widget key into category_view does not display widget

The title doesn't actually make it clear what you're reporting.

Can you please confirm exactly what code you're putting where and what the results are versus what you expect? Clear reproducible steps are usually preferred.

I mean this functionality:
Widgets with no position will not appear anywhere, but you can call the configured widget instance directly in templates using the <xf:widget key="widget_key" /> syntax.
This works in v 2.1, but doesn't seem to in v. 2.2.

Works for me in XF 2.2:

1602250436489.webp

Again, we'll need specific reproduction steps to verify what you're reporting.

Widget definition: Share this page
Widget key: forum_overview_share_page
Display in positions: none
Display condition: none

Inserting <xf:widget key="forum_overview_share_page" /> into category_view does not display the widget.

Widget definition: Share this page
Widget key: forum_overview_share_page
Display in positions: none
Display condition: none

Inserting <xf:widget key="forum_overview_share_page" /> into category_view does not display the widget.
Yep that works too.

This would usually only be visible if you have the categoryOwnPage option enabled and you go to a dedicated page to view a specific category. By default this isn't enabled as we just use anchors to point to specific categories on the forum list.

What is the last party of the URL of the page you're expecting to see the widget you've added to the category_view page? Is it like categories/category-name.1 or is it #category-name.1 or something else?

I should add it's a test board with limited access. Could this be the cause?
Nope wouldn't have thought so.

What is the last party of the URL of the page you're expecting to see the widget you've added to the category_view page? Is it like categories/category-name.1 or is it #category-name.1 or something else?
It's the landing page, the equivalent of https://xenforo.com/community/. Moreover, the test board is a clone of the production one which does display the widget.

Chris, my apologies, it's working as expected after all. Was looking into a wrong template. Your questions put me on the right track. Not a bug!

Many thanks!

Top Bottom