XF 2.1 insert ads banners in specific spaces

qwer81

Hi guys,

I would like to insert banner ads in specific spaces. I also have the Siropu plugin but I would like some help:

- I would like to insert a banner (taking this forum as an example) in the home (global) between "Xenoforo Community" and the beginning of the forums ("Official Forum)

- I would like to insert another banner between the forums. So for example between "Public forums" and "Xenforo Bug reports"

- Also I would like to insert banners within the threads. After the first, third and fifth posts. But NOT after every first, third and fifth. But only single banners (not in loop).

Thank you!

Hi guys,

I would like to insert banner ads in specific spaces. I also have the Siropu plugin but I would like some help:

- I would like to insert a banner (taking this forum as an example) in the home (global) between "Xenoforo Community" and the beginning of the forums ("Official Forum)

Try Global Positions >> Above top breadcrumb
- I would like to insert another banner between the forums. So for example between "Public forums" and "Xenforo Bug reports"

Try Forum list positions >> Node list below category X container or Node list below node X title
- Also I would like to insert banners within the threads. After the first, third and fifth posts. But NOT after every first, third and fifth. But only single banners (not in loop).

I'm confused about what you're asking here: "After the first, third and fifth posts. But NOT after every first, third and fifth."

You can specify positions within the thread using if statements (conditionals), numbering from 0 which is after the first post in a thread:

Code:
<xf:if is="$post.position % $xf.options.messagesPerPage == 0">

{ad code or banner here}

</xf:if>

Use the settings I suggested as a starting place and play around with the settings until it works as you want it.

Try setting the position number for the "Live Forum Statistics" widget to 0 (zero). Not sure if this will work...

Go to AdminCP >> Appearance >> Widgets >> Live Forum Statistics and look for the section where you specify where to display that widget. The number defaults to 1 when you enable a position but you can change this.

I tried to enter the value 0 but nothing has changed. Do I need to enter something else?

Top Bottom