XF 1.2 InnoDB : username change after switch from MyISAM to InnoDB takes ages

Jean-Baptiste

Hello,

Yeterday I changed all my tables to InnoDB because they were MyISAM for more than 2 years because of an import from vbulletin.

The problem is that, since I made the change, it takes like 3 minutes to change an username. It's strange, since changing the user's email on the same account is fine.

Any ideas ? I have a quite big database.

Regards.

Looks like you just switched the table engines without any optimizing for InnoDB. Your MySQL server has to be configured for InnoDB if you only used Myisam before.

In addition some settings have to be applied before switching the engines because it is not possible to change them at a running InnoDB server.

Username changes have to search and update quite a bit of tables where email updates need to update one field in one table.

Ok I understand what it's longer.

Looks like you just switched the table engines without any optimizing for InnoDB. Your MySQL server has to be configured for InnoDB if you only used Myisam before.

In addition some settings have to be applied before switching the engines because it is not possible to change them at a running InnoDB server.

Brogan suggested me that I could do it on a live server without known problems. What would you suggest me to do now that it has been done ? Because except for that problem, my board is really fast, a specially on message and conversations insert !

Brogan suggested me that I could do it on a live server without known problems. What would you suggest me to do now that it has been done ? Because except for that problem, my board is really fast, a specially on message and conversations insert !

I suggest that you take a look at your my.cnf and optimize the InnoDB settings according to your needs and your server hardware.

A simple user name change should not take 3 minutes!

With everything else being equal (a tuned setup for MyISAM tables and a tuned setup for InnoDB tables), it's probably always going to be a little slower for InnoDB because it has the overhead of managing record locks. But yeah... it shouldn't take minutes.

Top Bottom