Lack of interest Inline editing without overlay

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

RichardKYA

I think it would better if you could do inline edits without the overlay, so you can just edit directly in the post where it is. No redirect.

Don't get me wrong, I like the inline editing overlay, but its a pain in the backside on mobile devices, (mainly phones) because it pops up and when your mobile's keyboard pops up as well, the whole screen is covered and it's basically impossible to scroll anywhere, so I've turned the inline editing off for this reason, which is a shame because, as I said, I like it.

It's great on the big screen, but horrible on the small screen, so if it's possible to do it without the overlay or redirect, I think it would be a great solution all round :)

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No you can't, it redirects you to another page.

Plus disabling all overlays is horrible as well, the overlays are great for the quick navigation, member's following/followers list, etc.

What I am suggesting is, no overlay for the inline editing and no redirect either. So basically what you'll get when you click "Edit" would be the text editor in situation of the post you are editing. No overlay. No redirect.

I think it would be much better across all devices :)

On my forum I have "Enable Inline Editing of Messages" unchecked. I find it easier to edit messages without constantly having to click "More Options..." in the Overlay edit window.

What I am suggesting is, no overlay for the inline editing and no redirect either. So basically what you'll get when you click "Edit" would be the text editor in situation of the post you are editing. No overlay. No redirect.

You can edit the appropriate template, then, and remove the overlay trigger.

Top Bottom