Infinite Redirect On Search Page

Okay I am using my normal account and it works fine.

I thought the whole site was broken for a moment.

Nope just my main site admin account.

All I did was associate my site's Facebook account to the site, now I keep getting redirects.

Okay the site is functioning fine UNTIL you click on search or change a style then it goes into this crazy infinite redirect loop.

I have ALL addons disabled, including listeners to false in config.php as overkill, all of my skins are disabled except for a default xenforo skin.

This happens on both of my Facebook apps (old one and new)

This is my FB App settings, pretty simple, should work right? Apparently something's not working though.

FB Integration.webp

I don't know. I'm being hosted on Chris Deeming's nimbushosting and am considering moving to either Slavik's xenforo optimized service or vps.net but for now I'm just trying to figure out what happened to my FB. I rarely ever disable the whole site for one annoying bug, but I never have gotten 414 errors before.

I opened up a ticket on Xenforo.com but got only one reply and his reply was that he wasn't able to login (he typed the password wrong). I almost never create tickets. The only time I can recall creating one in the past year is when I wanted to know how to transfer a license.

I guess I won't get this fixed until I change hosts so I'll just re-enable everything for now.
Yet Facebook integration works on all the other sites to my knowledge so the danger is you change hosts and it still don't work. Give the XF ticket some time to be sorted.

What Matt says about the www. could be relevant. Your DNS is set to catch all sub domains. Maybe it does something crazy when redirecting from Facebook.

Yet Facebook integration works on all the other sites to my knowledge so the danger is you change hosts and it still don't work. Give the XF ticket some time to be sorted.

What Matt says about the www. could be relevant. Your DNS is set to catch all sub domains. Maybe it does something crazy when redirecting from Facebook.
Facebook integration does work on my site. I'm not complaining about that. I'm reporting an infinite redirect while in Facebook Integration. You could be browsing the site fine while your integrated with Facebook, as soon as you change your style in the default footer link then prepare to go into an infinite loop. This doesn't happen after disassociating Facebook.

I opened up a ticket on Xenforo.com but got only one reply and his reply was that he wasn't able to login (he typed the password wrong). I almost never create tickets. The only time I can recall creating one in the past year is when I wanted to know how to transfer a license.
For reference, I didn't type the password wrong - as I said, it didn't error, it just didn't log me in. This may be a clue that's relevant. I had to use Firefox to login to your account; Chrome wouldn't let me.

Now, when I tried to create an account with Facebook, it failed because of an error related to a disabled add-on. Really, this is the potential risk that you can run into with add-ons. You do also have 55,000 entries in your server log, so that may be indicative of other problems...

For reference, I didn't type the password wrong - as I said, it didn't error, it just didn't log me in. This may be a clue that's relevant. I had to use Firefox to login to your account; Chrome wouldn't let me.

Now, when I tried to create an account with Facebook, it failed because of an error related to a disabled add-on. Really, this is the potential risk that you can run into with add-ons. You do also have 55,000 entries in your server log, so that may be indicative of other problems...
While disabling all of the addons (which was surprisingly fast) I decided to uninstall some. After uninstalling them all and disabling my styles I experimented with the Facebook Integration doing the test I posted above (everything works fine until I try to change styles). I left the site alone for awhile but decided to re-enable addons again since members on my site were asking about stuff. I think I'm getting server errors from re-enabling addons because they time out sometimes.

This appears to have been caused by template modifications (I don't mean the add-on, I mean actual changes to the templates).

Facebook integration does work on my site. I'm not complaining about that. I'm reporting an infinite redirect while in Facebook Integration. You could be browsing the site fine while your integrated with Facebook, as soon as you change your style in the default footer link then prepare to go into an infinite loop. This doesn't happen after disassociating Facebook.
I know what you're complaining about - but my point is the same would be happening on all sites if it was a server/config issue and it isn't. I'm also on your site and I've logged in/out back in again with Facebook and used the style link several times and it's working fine.

EDIT: Oh. Mike, did you fix something specifically?

Top Bottom