Inconsistencies between XFMG and XFRM

Jake B.

I can't help but notice the huge inconsistencies between these add-ons. For one, the "[content] info" is displayed completely differently with completely different components.

XFRM:

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.06.14 PM.webp

XFMG:
Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.06.20 PM.webp

XFMG uses what appears to be a completely custom component to display this that I can't find used anywhere else within XenForo while XFMG is using the "normal" blocks that everything else uses,

The display of XFMG changes depending on whether or not a user has permission to view permissions or not. And by default we have a greater focus on the content of XFMG where, rather than wrapping everything in some container, the visual content is totally isolated into the main body of the content.

It doesn’t quite use the same sidebar system (as the rest of XF), either so by default the sidebar system is slightly wider than normal which is more useful especially with some blocks that contain considerably more info (particularly EXIF info).

I'm fine with the XFMG page, it's consistent with other sidebars, the XFRM sidebar is just it's own thing that I don't see anywhere else in XenForo when it seems like it'd be perfectly fine using the "normal" sidebar blocks (like XFMG does)

Top Bottom