Inbox Conversations + SQL

ineedhelp

Hi....

Yesterday I deleted 12 row's of content by a member in "xf_conversation_message" via the phpMyAdmin, after being alerted by another member that member XXX was Inboxing members on my site, telling them to join another site...

So as we can't view or delete Inbox conversations with our xenforo Admin or Mod powers, I had to go through the SQL to delete the 12 rows.. (i didn't delete the xf master, user, recipients rows)

My point is........ Having deleted the SQL rows of data for that 1 user..... This won't effect the SQL or my forum in any way will it?? As in damage the database? (everything is working perfectly)

ALSO......

Is there any Add-on which I can install on to xenforo which allows me to view, and delete Inbox conversations without the need to go into the SQL.

Please advise.

Any help?
Hi....

Yesterday I deleted 12 row's of content by a member in "xf_conversation_message" via the phpMyAdmin, after being alerted by another member that member XXX was Inboxing members on my site, telling them to join another site...

So as we can't view or delete Inbox conversations with our xenforo Admin or Mod powers, I had to go through the SQL to delete the 12 rows.. (i didn't delete the xf master, user, recipients rows)

My point is........ Having deleted the SQL rows of data for that 1 user..... This won't effect the SQL or my forum in any way will it?? As in damage the database? (everything is working perfectly)

ALSO......

Is there any Add-on which I can install on to xenforo which allows me to view, and delete Inbox conversations without the need to go into the SQL.

Please advise.

Nope, it will not affect your forum. I think there is already a mod that will let you view your users pm's. Have a look at the add on release section.

Nope, it will not affect your forum. I think there is already a mod that will let you view your users pm's. Have a look at the add on release section.

Thanks for the SQL reply...

As for the add on... that will be ideal, I've heard that there is one...... but I've not been able to find it, even having searched this site.

Would u know about it?

In my opinion, accessing private content of members is not a good idea. It is a compromise with privacy of honored forum members. Some cases might be exceptional though. having full access to the database, I personally never accessed private messages of my members directly from database or with the help of any such add-on.

In my opinion, if one does so then it should be at least announced in the privacy policy of the forum that "Private content may be accessed by Admins when necessary".

Yes, announcing it is fine, will do.

But it's necessary for situations as I described above.

Can someone link me to the Add-on please, it will be most helpful. Thanks.

Also, I've heard there's an Add-on which can disallow new members to Inbox other members, until they reach a certain number of posts.

Anyone know what the add-on is called, please?

Top Bottom