Inactive User Mail Notifier 1.2

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Getting this error:

CoGJFH.png

This is the sort of add-on they had for vBulletin. Glad to see it here.

One extra thing: Maybe you can add a feature to process bounced email resulting from these reminders, say put it in an "Inactive" group? That helps persuade members to update their email, and makes sure the inactive messages will get to their destinations.

I agree with the above, I'd like the ability to put them into another group so I can keep track of them.

I'd also like to be able to have the option to select minimum posts as a criteria, so I can just send the warning to those under 1 post who haven't been on in months or years. Then I can safely delete then without worrying about if they had content or not.

the problem is the lack of time:(

addon was created on 25th July and i've completly forgotten until now, as i started sorting out the unnecessary add-ons and releasing some new ones.....
lac.webp

the todo list for this add-on is big, but i need to find some way to not run into memory limit porblems....

i've run always in memory limit problems while performing group changes or similar actions with > 500 users....
i need something like an job queue...

I understand completely.. I hope it can get worked out in time..

My main need is producing a list of those under 1 post that haven't registered in X days.

Good work Ragtek, I'm looking for the following 2 options to get the control over emails:
* Select/deselect user groups to be sent reminder emails.
* Set user ids to exclude.

How does it work?
Will the users get a mail every day? or only once?
^

e.g.
option is set to 30 days =>

I was yesterday last time online
then i will get a mail in 29 days
second mail will come in 59 days

A few glitches: It doesn't seem to discriminate and sends messages to user groups that are, for whatever reason, inactive. You should be able to specify which user groups it will send messages to and which will be excluded. That and a bounce feature would be welcomed.

And, in the end, we had to remove it. There is one very serious problem: You need an unsubscribe feature, since a member may decide they would rather not receive these reminders. Without a removal option, some may regard this add-on as in violation of the U.S. anti-spam laws. It was sent out once, but no more, until there is a removal button, and a bounce management capability. I know it's a lot of work, but these are areas in which the author of a similar add-on for vBulletin had to deal with.​

A few glitches: It doesn't seem to discriminate and sends messages to user groups that are, for whatever reason, inactive.
No, current version sends the mails to ALL users which

1. have activated the recive admin mail option
2. weren't logged in for the last x days

And, in the end, we had to remove it. There is one very serious problem: You need an unsubscribe feature, since a member may decide they would rather not receive these reminders. Without a removal option, some may regard this add-on as in violation of the U.S. anti-spam laws. It was sent out once, but no more, until there is a removal button, and a bounce management capability. I know it's a lot of work, but these are areas in which the author of a similar add-on for vBulletin had to deal with.​
see point 1 of previous post

Top Bottom