Resource icon

Inactive User Mail Notifier 1.2

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
On the first, this notice should be separated, in a smaller type face. And it shouldn't be optional. It should be a normal part of the add-on.

And it should provide the link to, for example (with our forum): http://www.theparacast.com/forum/account/contact-details, where the member can disable site mailings.

So, for notices you receive about an updated add-on (and you need a link to the section in member preferences where you can opt out for member email), you get this:

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the resource Inactive User Mail Notifier at XenForo Community with email notification of updates.
To stop receiving email, please change your watching options for this resource. You may also review all of your watched resources.

Nice work.

Would it be too much trouble to add the ability to simply display a list of names that could be e-mailed, in case you are not ready to send them e-mail and would just like to view a list?

There may be occasion where I may just wish to remove 0 posters from 5+ years ago and would like a list of them.

But what if you had several thousand members? It would be quite a list. :)

That's what pagination is for, searches within XF AdminCP can produce a list of thousands of people I'm sure this can too.

Oh, do you mean to manually delete? Quite right. Then a nice "delete all" option would make me even happier. ;)

Now where we're talking about BIG LISTS=>
They are worring me extremly....

On an big test board with really many members i've run into memory & timeout problems with this add-on:( that's why i'll try to include a user limit soon.....

The list is a nice idea, BUT i don't think i'll include it in one of the next releases...

Say no more than a few hundred in each batch, sent hourly or something. Remember that hosts will put limits on shared systems for such things, and maybe even on dedicated, though not as often (it can usually be overridden of course). We sent out nearly 4,900 in the first batch on our server before I removed the add-on because of the issues we've been discussing.

Thanks for the consideration though, I appreciate that.

I'll still have quite a bit of use for this, I just wish XF had some pruning capabilities according to last login date and a post count criteria. This is extremely needed for those who do active member management.

I'm watching this with interest and am very thankful that you've continued the development on this.

Main key point would indeed to limit how many e-mails are sent out at any single, given time. As to prevent large sites from uses far to much resources.

i wish i would have released this as paid resource

soooo many suggestions to include :( :P

i wish i would have released this as paid resource

soooo many suggestions to include :( :p
I can respect the desire of changing this to a paid add-on

But I would request ever so humbly that in your last free edition, you at least include the option to un-subscribe. This is a legal requirement in many countries (the option for members to unsubscribe).

Every other new feature or improvement would be fair game in your paid version.

I can respect the desire of changing this to a paid add-on

But I would request ever so humbly that in your last free edition, you at least include the option to un-subscribe. This is a legal requirement in many countries (the option for members to unsubscribe).

Every other new feature or improvement would be fair game in your paid version.
no, it will stay free;)

FYI, the "unsuscribe link" which redirects to http://xenforo.com/community/account/privacy was included in the next version:)

The "ignored usergroups" option was removed because it didn't work as expected, so only these options will be possible:

View attachment 27939

As you see, the limit is also included:)

It just needs some more tests before releasing
Nice work ragtek..

Actually by suggesting User Groups option I was wondering this thing:

inactive.webp

Say no more than a few hundred in each batch, sent hourly or something. Remember that hosts will put limits on shared systems for such things, and maybe even on dedicated, though not as often (it can usually be overridden of course). We sent out nearly 4,900 in the first batch on our server before I removed the add-on because of the issues we've been discussing.

mail.webp

That's what you requested, right? (Will be released probably next week, just needs some more code optimization and now i've also seen that some styling is required)

Happy now?:D

Top Bottom