1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Inability to post at all

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by AppleGuyPro, Jan 23, 2015.

1. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Hi, I am using Xenforo V 1.1 because my web host only supports PHP 5.2. Im not sure what Xenforo version I can get that is the latest but supports 5.2. Thats besides the point, but anyway...

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 11.37.02 PM.png
    I get this error when trying to post anything.
    Im not exactly sure what you guys need to possibly diagnose what is wrong so here is everything I think is relevant. If not, please let me know and I will respond soon. Thank you!

Code:
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Declaration of EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with that of XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() - library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:69
    Generated By: Zach Mejia, 2 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('EWRporta_DataWr...')
    #1 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Autoloader::autoload()
    #2 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(857): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('EWRporta_DataWr...')
    #3 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(397): XenForo_Application::autoload('XenForo_DataWri...', 'datawriter')
    #4 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1975): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XenForo_DataWri...')
    #5 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(410): XenForo_DataWriter::create()
    #6 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #7 /home/a6650489/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
    #8 /home/a6650489/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(57) "http://zachmejia.tk/index.php?forums/request.2/add-thread"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/request_2/add-thread"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(12) {
    ["title"] => string(4) "Test"
    ["message_html"] => string(12) "<p>Test!</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(60) "http://zachmejia.tk/index.php?forums/request.2/create-thread"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "c586ce8ffd94b965e0979427a9b1411b"
    ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_set"] => array(2) {
    ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
    ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["poll"] => array(2) {
    ["question"] => string(0) ""
    ["responses"] => array(2) {
    [0] => string(0) ""
    [1] => string(0) ""
    }
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1421998773,84ae370cc2dd9a9cdbad4caaf5ae8fa21abbcebf"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(41) "/index.php?forums/request.2/create-thread"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

2. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Are you running @Jaxel's XenPorta add-on? Looks like it's related to it...

If you disable the add-on does that make any difference?

3. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Yes it does. If it's disabled, it works. Perhaps I need an older version of Xenporta?

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That may likely be the reason, but you should post in the XenPorta thread if you need further support.

5. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Good idea. Can you please tag a moderator to move this thread please?

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

7. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Should this be archived or deleted?

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

9. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Isn't the latest version requiring 5.4? I still have a license to download. I'll just download all of them lol

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Mike is referrring to the PHP version required to run XenForo, unrelated to any add-on.

It's still 5.2.11 as of XF 1.4.4.

I would recommend upgrading though if possible.

11. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Thanks but:
    http://gyazo.com/654fe8baf6461eca5631f8c182f1cf1b

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

But what?

As the message states, the version you are running will work but there may be some issues.

13. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

Never mind, Im fine not using Xenporta, but I would like to be able to use XF 1.4.4 without crashing.
    If I install XF 1.1.0 I don't get the error. XF 1.4.4 I do.
    So maybe instead of a new thread, which one is the latest I can install without getting the error?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  14. AppleGuyPro

AppleGuyPro Member

WOAHH OMG! I decided to try install 1.4.4 again and it worked! WOW first time ever! :D Okay, this CAN be archived now. Sorry for any inconvenience, but thanks for the help.