XF 1.5 In the "Online now" what does the (Error) text mean at the end of the post?

cdub

I'm seeing the following sometimes in my "Members Online Now" page:

Screenshot 2016-08-15 at 9.54.28 AM.webp

What does the (Error) mean? That page loads up fine for me... even in Chrome's Incognito mode.

I've seen it on other threads too... not just this one. Any idea what's going on?

It is only visible to privileged users (e.g. Staff).

It indicates the user is attempting to view the page but is being faced with an error.

For example the thread may be deleted (404) or it may have been moved to a forum where the user has no permission (403).

We did this to make it clear that a user is in an error state rather than illegitimately viewing content they shouldn't be able to.

It is only visible to privileged users (e.g. Staff).

It indicates the user is attempting to view the page but is being faced with an error.

For example the thread may be deleted (404) or it may have been moved to a forum where the user has no permission (403).

We did this to make it clear that a user is in an error state rather than illegitimately viewing content they shouldn't be able to.

Strange - it's a guest user but when I load the same page in incognito (guest) I get no error... Huh...

But the strange thing in this case is neither of those are true... as the thread isn't deleted and if I log out I can see the same thread just fine with no error.

I would have to check, but it may also come up on pages within the thread they can't access e.g. the page for editing or deleting a thread may show the activity as viewing a thread but also be an error.

To be more specific about this it would require looking at the xf_session_activity table.

Top Bottom