Fixed  In the ACP nothing gets checked if it has content.

Vincent

The following blocks are affected:
  • Installed Add-ons
  • Recent Spam Cleaning
If these blocks have no content (I'll take "Recent Spam Cleaning" as example), they just show up as an empty table.

I'd suggest a check if they have content and if not, they don't show.

Attachments

• rsc.webp
    rsc.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 5
It's more a suggestion than a bug, but the idea to hide things when they have no content is a good one I think. For example why not hide the moderator bar at the top of pages when there's nothing to moderate? It removes code and clutter when it is not needed.

But it need the question "do we need to show?"

Some times it is a good idea to hide things, but sometimes is is not needed. For example the "Installed Add-ons"-Part. Included in that block there are management-links and it is a good idea to have the links included. And after using and installing one add-on the question "do we need to show? keeps alive and the answer is "yes" all the time :)

And yes, as I repeat, it's not a bug, it's a suggestions :D

It's more a suggestion than a bug, but the idea to hide things when they have no content is a good one I think. For example why not hide the moderator bar at the top of pages when there's nothing to moderate? It removes code and clutter when it is not needed.

That's something different in my eyes. The moderation bar needs to be there at all time, since the ACP link is there.
That's something that shouldn't be deleted.

Also, if you're a moderator and no ACP link is there, you still need that link to go to "Closed Reports" for if you'd like to check something.

But it need the question "do we need to show?"

Some times it is a good idea to hide things, but sometimes is is not needed. For example the "Installed Add-ons"-Part. Included in that block there are management-links and it is a good idea to have the links included. And after using and installing one add-on the question "do we need to show? keeps alive and the answer is "yes" all the time :)

And yes, as I repeat, it's not a bug, it's a suggestions :D
When empty, the only link there are "Install Add-on" and "Manage Add-ons".
Now, those 2 links can also be found in the navbar. At the bottom.
They link to the same.

When empty, the only link there are "Install Add-on" and "Manage Add-ons".
Now, those 2 links can also be found in the navbar. At the bottom.
They link to the same.
I notice that but I (maybe only I) like the links on that place

There are a lot of double links in XenForo and most of them help to make things easier and better to work with ;)

That's something different in my eyes. The moderation bar needs to be there at all time, since the ACP link is there.
That's something that shouldn't be deleted.

Also, if you're a moderator and no ACP link is there, you still need that link to go to "Closed Reports" for if you'd like to check something.
Yes, but the bar could be reduced to a 'Show bar' link on the right (like the 'Login or Sign up' link), when there's no new report. The bar is rather distracting/tedious to be showed all the time imo.

I notice that but I (maybe only I) like the links on that place

There are a lot of double links in XenForo and most of them help to make things easier and better to work with ;)
Yeah, indeed, well, actually I'm not talking about the Installed Add-ons block (most persons have 1 add-on or more installed), but more about the "Recent Spam Activity". It's just standing there with no use for me. I've never had spam in my whole life.

Yes, but the bar could be reduced to a 'Show bar' link on the right (like the 'Login or Sign up' link), when there's no new report. The bar is rather distracting/tedious to be showed all the time imo.
Well, yeah, I agree with that :)

Top Bottom