in one week my traffic (members)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"cha" is what you said in post 11. I thought it was a language.

So are you saying they chat in some posts then leave?

Maybe you need something to engage them ore.

As I said it's quality vs quantity.

On my forum people chat a lot and tend to get to know each other, and get into some useful and fruitful discussion.

A shoutbox, they play with each other in the shoutbox, they do not post.

thank you man thats what i was looking for

You know it would really be interesting for you to report back on your findings after adopting such a system. I mean, you're starting out with most users contributing on the chat box so would love to know if people do stick around and post in order to earn access to the chat box.

From the last status:
April 17:
24 topics
63 messages
76 members

Until today - April 21:
30 topics
71 messages
82 members

Your member to posts ratio is very high. Should look to get more discussions going on with those members

Good luck!

You know it would really be interesting for you to report back on your findings after adopting such a system. I mean, you're starting out with most users contributing on the chat box so would love to know if people do stick around and post in order to earn access to the chat box.

From the last status:
April 17:
24 topics
63 messages
76 members

Until today - April 21:
30 topics
71 messages
82 members

Your member to posts ratio is very high. Should look to get more discussions going on with those members

Good luck!
ahh okey and thank you i try but for some reason my members dont seem to post

ahh okey and thank you i try but for some reason my members dont seem to post

Hmm, what have you do to try overcome that? Like:

Have you since adopted the shoutbox limitation as suggested above?
Are you actively contributing to your own forum (creating threads etc), generally starting discussions?

You could try make an incentive just to kick start your forum, a little reward / giveaway to a random user who contributes X posts throughout May or something. Announce this to your forum users and try get some of them back online.

Whilst this might not work, it could bring back some of your registered users and give your forum that little push it needs?

Hmm, what have you do to try overcome that? Like:

Have you since adopted the shoutbox limitation as suggested above?
Are you actively contributing to your own forum (creating threads etc), generally starting discussions?

You could try make an incentive just to kick start your forum, a little reward / giveaway to a random user who contributes X posts throughout May or something. Announce this to your forum users and try get some of them back online.

Whilst this might not work, it could bring back some of your registered users and give your forum that little push it needs?
yeah true but what could i giveawyay

yeah true but what could i giveawyay

Anything relevant to your forum audience that would make it worth their while. Of course, you have to understand this idea might not work in the long run but it might just give you that push you need to get users registering on your site (as they should hopefully see a more buzzing community).

You could consider things like Amazon, Steam etc gift cards etc

Edit: I would also incorporate the other changes recommended on this forum before rushing this idea. Make this the best chance of being successful as possible. So not making the chat box 'so' accessible and hiding some stats until they're really worth showing.

Anything relevant to your forum audience that would make it worth their while. Of course, you have to understand this idea might not work, it is just a thought for you to entertain.

You could consider things like Amazon, Steam etc gift cards etc
ahh i could try that

I'd probably say not enough to this.

Checking your site you've only started 4 threads. Most of those are related to admin aspects of the site. None of them are related to gaming, which is what your site is about. You should be starting discussions about things like current popular games and interesting upcoming games - you need to give members something to talk about.

You have also got too many forums with little or no content in them. You should reduce the number of forums you have so that the few remaining ones look busier and you should only create more forums later when it warrants splitting up discussions.

Running a site is hard work to start with, you have to post a lot to encourage new members to join and existing members to post.

I'd probably say not enough to this.

Checking your site you've only started 4 threads. Most of those are related to admin aspects of the site. None of them are related to gaming, which is what your site is about. You should be starting discussions about things like current popular games and interesting upcoming games - you need to give members something to talk about.

You have also got too many forums with little or no content in them. You should reduce the number of forums you have so that the few remaining ones look busier and you should only create more forums later when it warrants splitting up discussions.

Running a site is hard work to start with, you have to post a lot to encourage new members to join and existing members to post.
ahhh i could try that too

before when i posted people said that i should start getting more threads and members i've tried my hardest and today i've hit 100 members o im really happy about that
img

have i improved at all ?

Your forum is still awful and is destined for failure. There, I said it.

Edit: I know that's a pretty brutal statement, but it's better you know so you can start fresh with a better idea, or put your effort into something else.

Your forum is still awful and is destined for failure. There, I said it.

Edit: I know that's a pretty brutal statement, but it's better you know so you can start fresh with a better idea, or put your effort into something else.
what am i actually doing wrong

And not to go all rulebook but to quote XenForo's own agreement:

3. Restrictions
This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sub-license, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.

For the avoidance of doubt, You are solely responsible for managing content posted using your installation of the Software (“Your Content”). XenForo Limited shall have no liability in respect of Your Content including but not limited to its accuracy or lawfulness.

You are solely responsible for ensuring that Your Content and Your use of the Software complies with all applicable legislation and regulations, including but not limited to all applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation. You undertake to ensure that the Software is not used by You or others to engage in illegal activity. You may not use the software to engage in any activity that would violate the rights of third parties.
You hereby agree to indemnify Us from any loss or damage arising from Your breach of this provision.

what am i actually doing wrong

This!!

Well, considering you haven't removed any of the posts, promoting illegal content...

Condoning illegal content, posting illegal/questionable content/keys, using nulled addons?

And not to go all rulebook but to quote XenForo's own agreement:

3. Restrictions
This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sub-license, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.

For the avoidance of doubt, You are solely responsible for managing content posted using your installation of the Software (“Your Content”). XenForo Limited shall have no liability in respect of Your Content including but not limited to its accuracy or lawfulness.

You are solely responsible for ensuring that Your Content and Your use of the Software complies with all applicable legislation and regulations, including but not limited to all applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation. You undertake to ensure that the Software is not used by You or others to engage in illegal activity. You may not use the software to engage in any activity that would violate the rights of third parties.
You hereby agree to indemnify Us from any loss or damage arising from Your breach of this provision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom