Won't fix In my opinion, a bug.

kelle67

Affected version
2.0 and 2.1
We turned off the option "React to messages".

But under preferences, this option is still displayed.

Why is that like that when we disable it. That does not make sense.

If it is not a bug. How i can hide this option?

The reason why the option still appears is the fact that if the option was hidden, and someone saved their preferences, the way alert opt-outs are designed would mean that they would automatically opt out, even if that wasn't their intention.

Then, if you turned the option back on, everyone who saved their preferences before would remain opted out of those alerts, without any indication as to why.

In short: Displaying alert opt-out options for things you have disabled is (currently) required.

OK, I understand that, but it's still very strange.
How can I hide this manually. Because in the future we do not have to allow for reaction in conversations.

The reason why the option still appears is the fact that if the option was hidden, and someone saved their preferences, the way alert opt-outs are designed would mean that they would automatically opt out, even if that wasn't their intention.

Then, if you turned the option back on, everyone who saved their preferences before would remain opted out of those alerts, without any indication as to why.

In short: Displaying alert opt-out options for things you have disabled is (currently) required.

Okay, partly I understand.
But we had never activated Profile Posts before and that is not displayed either.
See video.
View attachment Aufnahme-4.mp4

In 1.5 there was the account_alert_preferences template. There you could deactivate everything you wanted.
We will definitely not activate like message in a conversation.

Can anyone please help me remove this option many users ask constantly and it confuses many users.

No plans to make any changes here.

We just generally don't do anything to check permissions here, so what you're reporting can theoretically happen elsewhere too. It's not something I believe we've ever attempted to address and it's the first time I recall it being brought up, so I don't believe it's a significant issue for most.

That said, we've made a small change which you will start seeing from XF 2.1.1 onwards. We've added some attributes to the form rows here, meaning you will be able to target them with CSS to hide them, at least:
CSS:
.formRow[data-content-type="conversation_message"][data-action="reaction"]
{
    display: none;
}
You can use any combination of content-type / action, so you can target all actions of the same type, or all content types of the same type etc.

I think that should be sufficient for anyone who is concerned enough about this.

Top Bottom