In Line images

Paul

Ok maybe not possible, however thought i would ask :)

If i cut and paste a word document, i loose any images - is there any way to have embedded images in a post without having to upload the images to an ftp and then link to them within the post itself???

Cheers
Paul

The images have to be accessible on the internet somewhere, whether that is uploaded directly to the site using the Upload a File button, or embedded from another site such as ImageShack, Flickr, etc.

You don't need to use FTP for either of those options.

Lol - thanks Brogan - that was quick :)

Either way though, you have to upload and link - it's just a pain and would be a whole lot easier if you didnt have to upload and link. Not a problem - just wondered if it existed or was possible...

Thanks
Paul

Either way though, you have to upload and link - it's just a pain and would be a whole lot easier if you didnt have to upload and link. Not a problem - just wondered if it existed or was possible...
Let's think about this ...., how do you propose the image becomes available to the rest of the Internet if it isn't uploaded? It has to go somewhere. That somewhere needs to be specified, the file needs to be transferred to that somewhere, and then the post needs to be told where that somewhere is so that the image can be displayed.

How else could it work?

Erm - like embedding into the database for example. I seem to remember some things in vb being embedded in the db. Admittedly not the most efficient way, however i was asking if that type of functionality existed in xF.

What User was saying is that it basically isn't possible, unless the Word file links the image to somewhere on the internet. If it's just a local or embedded image, the data is never exposed to the browser, let alone XenForo on the server.

Top Bottom