In A Custom Theme, Where Do I Place Images?

Xarcell

So I been working on a custom theme. I created one called "Mind-Cloud". Silly name I know, but I just haven't got around to thinking of a better one.

Anyways, I'm trying to understand where I place it's custom images, like the background and forum_unread images? If I place them in the default, it will over-write the default images.

Do I need to create a folder called "Mind-Cloud" in styles and place them there?

Your file path should be styles/{style name}/{add-on name}/, so if you are producing a custom style for XenForo itself and you call your style 'Mind-Cloud', you'd expect to find your images somewhere within styles/mind-cloud/xenforo/.

That's the recommended way to do it, though you can use the style property editor to point @imagePath wherever you like effectively.

Ok, so just for the record, even though I created a new style through the admin of xenforo, it never auto-created a directory called "Mind-Cloud" in style directory. I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Using Beta 3 upgrade from beta 2.

I will manually create the Mind-Cloud directory under styles.

That's correct, the directory is not automatically created.

You also need to update the image path in Styles -> Style Properties -> General -> Settings -> Path to Images

Top Bottom