Improve the look of the text editor

Sir nick

Hello guys,

When i make a thread the box just doesn't seem to really blend. I wish it was fit to the end of the style and same with signature it just seems placed their really. Maybe redo the grey with the blue of the board to make it blend better?

Upvote 0
I have to agree with the OP. I was going to mention this but got distracted. It's not to bad on quickreply/basic view (although I think it could be better). though, in "More Options" it doesn't look that great. I'd put this down though to being in early alpha and it's on the horizon for a nice facelift.

For example: In More Options page, Insert image!! Would be a nice option if we could add multiple images through linking rather than just one at a time. Smilies should also be displayed under the type data box as well as the dropdown menu. I prefer selecting smilies with X amount on view. Note!! I never suggested have a smilie box on the right (like other software) underneath makes use of space more efficiently. But overall, I agree with the OP but I understand it's still in it's infancy so I'd like to think this area will be revamped as it does look bare.

Exactly. Do we really need anything more? I mean, it's a text editor. How fancy does it need to be? ;)
I specifically don't mean "fancy" or more options.

I mean the overall look, style and feel - it's like it's from old site/software as none of it matches with the clean, new look of XF.

But you do understand what we're saying, right? This is an early alpha of the first version. What happens at alpha, doesn't stay at alpha. ;)

I understand that.

I though the developers were looking for feedback so I gave mine.

Feedback is good, and necessary; no problem there. It just came across a little harsh for a brand new product not even on the shelf yet. ...we're not in vB anymore. :p

The best time to throw suggestions (note what I'm saying) is when a product is in it's infancy. No matter if it's been repeated 100 times or once the suggestion and/or idea is out there for the developers to look/discuss/brainstorm with. The best medicine the developers can get at this point is honesty and how people feel about certain areas so anything that is thrown towards them (them being the developers) will only do good for the product and the consumer for when the first release is out. And your correct, we are not at vb anymore so badgering members when they post their opinions/feedback will get you nowhere. Any suggestion is better than no suggestion.

I apologise if it came across too harshly, that wasn't my intention.
I used the first word which came to my mind as soon as I saw it.

Functionally I agree it is more than adequate to the task but visually it just doesn't match the rest of the site which is dynamic, refreshing and just "better" than everything else out there.

It is not going to be easy for Kier and Mike meet everything as some people like current version some wants changes. I'm sure they will decide the best however what i would request is keeping Quick Reply as simple as it can get. Even now quick reply has lots of information and my users don't like that many buttons within quick reply. Maybe an option that will hide Quick Reply buttons can be great.

This IS version 1.0, it's not vBulletin or IPB that had 5 to 10 years of development already done.

Hello!
Please update/change skin/style of WYSIWYG editor TinyMce.

Current skin does not look very nice.

For Example, WordPress have changed style.

I don't see anything wrong with the current styling of the editor? Can you describe exactly what problems you have with it?

I've merged the latest thread with one I created (I'm not proud of it) a while ago.

For the record, Kier had this to say:

The editor will be getting an overhaul but there's a lot of things that are more pressing...

Hi all,

I think XenForo is absolutely brilliant. All I am waiting for now is a bridge with Joomla and I will be over the moon. Its a real breath of fresh air as I find all the other Forum Applications old and outdated.

Only have one real let down with XenForo, which I am sure is in development. The Editor is just as bad as the Editor in VB. Will XenForo be producing something like TinyMCE editor or better in the very near future or is there anything that can be done (personally by me) to improve it?

Thank you.

I think the idea behind it is to keep it simple as possible, however I'm sure something like this would be nice to have so it could definitely work for a add-on that I'd use.

Top Bottom