Implemented Improve the "Like" button

easiii

Hello Xenforo staff,
I have a suggestion for Xenforo 2.0, could you guys improve the "Like" button by adding something similar to what Facebook has with reactions.
Basically, a Like button, and if you hover the button - on desktop, or press long on mobile you get additional reactions. Having other 4 -5 reactions would help us.

This should be a big improvement for the Like button, and I'm sure all the communities would see the value in this.

1245-jpg.135688

Upvote 71
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Luke's Post Rating addon is excellent and really helps encourage engagement in content creation. Having something like that in XF2 would be a decent step forward. There seem to be various suggestion threads going all the way back to the first release that are asking for similar things.

I didn't bother to create yet another new one but some consolidation of these threads would be really good to gauge interest and hopefully encourage an extension of the Like functionality.

The problem is that so many people want it that there are various threads suggesting it. Having it consolidated into one post would help gauge the interest (which there clearly is a lot of).

Hello Xenforo staff,
I have a suggestion for Xenforo 2.0, could you guys improve the "Like" button by adding something similar to what Facebook has with reactions.
Basically, a Like button, and if you hover the button - on desktop, or press long on mobile you get additional reactions. Having other 4 -5 reactions would help us.

This should be a big improvement for the Like button, and I'm sure all the communities would see the value in this.

1245-jpg.135688
its for child 11 to 15 years old option, so i vote NO!

Would certainly help improve engagement, adding 'helpful' or 'funny' and such would also reduce the short post/one word post issue (not completely but in a major way). Just like isn't enough anymore.

When this gets implemented I hope that the XenForo team will take into account that some sites will want to use a large number of different ratings. We would use about 50 rating types. Some negative, neutral or positive in nature.
Facepunch.com where the concept comes from also has a large number of ratings. Their approach doesn't work well on mobile.
Topix uses a tooltip selection like this:
.webp
Optimally there would be some sorting in negative, neutral and positive ratings.

There is something to be said to add usergroup permissions for negative ratings, so that we can disallow problematic users to use negative ratings.

It would be very useful to be able to give a weight to each rating, because there is a lot of difference between a spelling mistake and hateful and abusive posts.

And of course a Spam rating would optimally cause the post to become moderated and trigger a report.

Last edited:
Hello Xenforo staff,

1245-jpg.135688

Would be cool to see this in XF2

Top Bottom