Lack of interest Improve Spoiler Tag Text Entry

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

nrep

I was wondering why my spoiler BBCode wasn't working on my own forum and then I realise it was because I had used the tag incorrectly. I hadn't realised that the tag needs a TITLE as well as the spoiler text.

By default, clicking the spoiler button gives a text entry box to enter a TITLE and then inserts the code in to the editor:

Code:
[SPOILER="TITLE"][/SPOILER]

However, I hadn't read the "title" part of the popup and just typed in my spoiler as a title, which meant that there was no spoiler text. This meant that nothing appeared on the page outside of the editor. This error is clearly my fault, but an easy mistake to make. Is is possible to improve the UX so that a TITLE and SPOILER TEXT can both be entered in to the spoiler button popup editor? Just like the "link" button has two entries available for URL and Text.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom