Impressive!

I would point out that XenForo is our trademark, and we are obliged to protect its use.

Domains using derivations of the name XFCows or XenRandomization are fine.

So you will be actively going after domains such as xenforosetup, xenforomods, xenforoskins, xenforostyles etc?

Just to clarify, I wasn't silly enough to buy a xf related domain.. (yet)

Some time ago I picked up xfstyles, xenstyles and xfskins (all .com). Not sure which one I'll end up developing.

I'm wondering why everyone is planning all of these different sites?? Why can't you do what you do right here, rather than dividing the community of xF users?
What's the point? I mean this is going to be the official site for xF mods, skins, graphics, support, etc. So why not work with us here?

I'm not criticizing, just trying to understand.

I'm wondering why everyone is planning all of these different sites?? Why can't you do what you do right here, rather than dividing the community of xF users?
What's the point? I mean this is going to be the official site for xF mods, skins, graphics, support, etc. So why not work with us here?

If people want to sell styles or mods, it helps to have your own site where you can have all the screenshots, live examples, etc. that you want. Especially for style designers, who can sort of create a brand name for themselves with a website with all their paid styles on it. :) Also, people want to make money and feel important. :p

It's quiet simple actually. Some people want to feel important in the XF community, others want to feel they are contributing lots, others just want to be the first ones at something, others just want to try and monetize it, others just want to have a site to use XF on, etc. You can see my XenProjects.com domain I bought, it really just is a place I'll be using to put my projects I start working for XF, but it won't be a community.

That's crazy that all those are purchased, and really for no point, at least not for myself anyways. I'll be sticking to this one. :P

@ Peggy - It is just like every other forum software, they have a main site where mods, styles, and support are located but there are still people making other sites for it. In my opinion there is no way of stopping it, someone is always going to buy a domain for it whether they are going to use it or even sell it.

If people want to sell styles or mods, it helps to have your own site where you can have all the screenshots, live examples, etc. that you want. Especially for style designers, who can sort of create a brand name for themselves with a website with all their paid styles on it. :) Also, people want to make money and feel important. :p

If you're selling, that I do understand. Of course you'd need a separate site. I had one when I was styling for vB.

But it really does seem - and I'm sorry if this offends anyone at all, as this is never my intention, EVER - that some people start their own sites just so they can be the boss.
I mean look at the myriad of support sites for vB. Good gawd, if all of those people worked together and built one great site into THE site to come to for support, styles, graphics, mods, etc, and everyone didn't have to feel that they needed to be "the" boss" you could have one helluva good site!

vB made the mistake of throwing vb.org to the wolves so-to-speak. They were/are pretty much on their own. That's not happening here. So I guess I'm just - confused? I dunno... maybe I'm just rambling, sorry.

If you're selling, that I do understand. Of course you'd need a separate site. I had one when I was styling for vB.

But it really does seem - and I'm sorry if this offends anyone at all, as this is never my intention, EVER - that some people start their own sites just so they can be the boss.
I mean look at the myriad of support sites for vB. Good gawd, if all of those people worked together and built one great site into THE site to come to for support, styles, graphics, mods, etc, and everyone didn't have to feel that they needed to be "the" boss" you could have one helluva good site!

vB made the mistake of throwing vb.org to the wolves so-to-speak. They were/are pretty much on their own. That's not happening here. So I guess I'm just - confused? I dunno... maybe I'm just rambling, sorry.

Funny, it does tend to seem like that, although there are also the ones who really just want to help out by providing information and such, which they might want to have organized or posted differently than they would be able to do on this site.

You have also have to take into account that running bulletin boards is a hobby. It's a new niche that's just opening up, so of course a bunch of people will try to make their site the one that people go to... just to see if they can.

I mean, if nothing else they can always just go to both their own site and this one. You don't have to split up because you have another site. :P

Peggy, part of it also has to do with branding. For example, if somebody really was planning on selling cows to be used with XenForo, then do they go with XenCows, XFCows, XFBovine, or something else like XF-Cows? Plus until things settle down it isn't clear yet whether "Xen" will become the common moniker for XenForo or if "XF" will be used. For the person who is planning on selling XenForo cows, they had better grab any potential URLs they might want to use now and see later which moniker is adopted because if they don't grab those URLs now then somebody else will. Similar sounding names are also a problem because, as we've seen in the vB world, once a particular site becomes really popular we end up seeing sites with nearly identical URLs popping up. Once they decide on the actual URL they are going to use for branding then they can either redirect the other URLs to their selected one or just let them lapse when it comes time for renewal.

My guess is that we're going to be seeing a lot Xenxxxxx, XenForoxxxxx, and XFxxxxx URLs expiring next July & August.

We need one single domain.
We need all the posts done till the initial release kept in place. Even the Test Messages forum section.
Users who will join before the closing of the free registrations (if this will ever happen) should have same access power.

I would point out that XenForo is our trademark, and we are obliged to protect its use.

Domains using derivations of the name XFCows or XenRandomization are fine.

xen seems to be an another trademark. So maybe we should choose xf.

250px-Xen_logo.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xen

Ok well, I do see where y'all are coming from. I just wish people would work together, rather than split up, and split the customers into so many different sites.

If only that would work :) Unfortunately different people would have VERY different ideas on how 'xyz' should be handled and the community would end up imploding due to poor management.

I would just like to say - I regged mine before it had been announced that the official mod site was HERE. Wasn't expecting that for a second due to the problems it'll undoubtedly cause.

Top Bottom