Impressions from using XF 1.2 beta 1

You all did a great job. Thanks @Mike and @Kier for this awesome update. Thanks @xf_phantom for helping me out with Forum Watch even though it's still broke. Thanks @Brogan and @Chris Deeming for not getting TOO angry at me for posting in the wrong threads when I was half asleep this morning.

I uninstalled DC Smiley Manager. I prefer this new smiley drop-down compared to what came before because everything is easily accessible and has a scroll bar which more than makes up for the lack of room. I am very impressed. I don't need categories anymore. That's wassup. This improvement cut out one tedious step.

It's really cool that you installed the glasses icon instead of the star icon man I really appreciate that, it looks so much better than the star. I can't wait to get that working on my site too. Only thing that sucks so far is the amount of edits and template changes this requires but that's due to TMS by guiltar sucking atm. Might take me a couple days to move my custom edits over to TMC.

Nice clean easy install. Simple new forum is up & running: https://www.checkpointforums.org/forum/

This was my first experience in using SSL so > half my time was spent stumbling around with that & bouncing off a couple rubber walls.

Style is default XenForo, add-ons: zero

Only add-on planed is XenTag, when it's available. If spammers start getting through, I'll also need one of the moving-image Captchas, but I want to see how well the vanila 1.2 deals with spam first. Will probably add a style from Xenique, once they starting releasing their 1.2 upgrades.

My biggest regret was not being up at 4 a.m. Wednesday for the release announcment, but with only 30 minutes sleep between Monday & Tuesday, I had to miss the party. :sleep:

has anyone already the "URL-redirect" in action ?
So not showing the "Forum-List" at the Hompepage, but for example showing the RM at the Homepage ? Does it work ? How does it look like ?

Do you mean the index route?

Just try entering recent-activity/ instead of forums/.

Now when you load the site it will go directly to the Recent Activity page.

Do you mean the index route?

Just try entering recent-activity/ instead of forums/.

Now when you load the site it will go directly to the Recent Activity page.

I have not installed XF 1.2 Beta yet, so I am wondering if somebody has done this already. Would be great if somebody could provide a URL to see how it looks like....

It looks exactly like the page you set.

If you set it to Recent Activity it looks like that, if you set it to the Resource Manager it looks like that.

Can we be more specific here. What would be put in each box to get the /community to load /community/resource ?
Or am I in the wrong place?

XF 12beta route filter.webp

Can we be more specific here. What would be put in each box to get the /community to load /community/resource ?
Or am I in the wrong place?
Perhaps you mean the index route?

That will change the default page loaded when people visit your site.

Perhaps you mean the index route?

That will change the default page loaded when people visit your site.

Ultimately I was toying with how to use the route filter. However, everything I've tried returns a reported error. So, I was hoping someone would give one known to work ... and let me try it :)

It looks exactly like the page you set.

If you set it to Recent Activity it looks like that, if you set it to the Resource Manager it looks like that.

yeah, obviously.
I just want to see a "live site" which has the RM set towards the Index-page.

:)

After much editing, I am really satisified on what my styles look like now in Xenforo 1.2

Too bad some of the addon pages in Responsive suck. I need to replace my gallery already.

Top Bottom