XF 1.3 Importing Xenforo. What Have I Done Wrong?

UKD

So I may have done something wrong?

My last host messed me about and eventually took me completely offline. I decided to change host provider.

I backed up everything from my public_html file via FTP and I backed up my database.

I just received my new host account and moved everything from the old public_html into the new folder, so, theoretically, the forum should still be as is, right? Well when I load my website up there is absolutely nothing there. It's just a blank web page with no Xenforo on it.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I don't know much about hosting and to be honest if I have messed it all up i'm not too worried as my forum was 100% inactive with very little content on it, and it had been around for a while :(.

Any help and explanation as to why it is not working (when theoretically it should be identical to the old server as it has all the same files on it) would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Did you also copy the database across?

Have you created the same database and user in your new host and imported the backed up .sql file?

Reactions: UKD
Ah nevermind. I really can't get this to work and the forum never got off the ground after having it for about a year. I think i'll just let it die, start a new forum with the same licence and learn from my mistakes.

Thanks a lot Arvixe, for completely messing up my website...

Did you restore the database? Just copying the public_html folder isn't going to do anything. You need to restore the database as well.

Top Bottom