1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing XenForo posts to WordPress with original date?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Lucas, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to easily do this? Any premade scripts that could do it or should I be looking for custom?
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Import Wordpress Articles as threads ?
  3. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

XenForo posts located in the news forum as WordPress articles.
  4. Digital Doctor

Is this a bridge question ?
    If so, ask at xenscripts.com
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Going to try and revive this once more. What I'm actually looking is to import posts from my XenForo to WordPress as articles created by WordPress on it's own blog system. I want to use the site simply as a WordPress news site without losing the latest news we've posted.
  6. Digital Doctor

Isn't that a question for Wordpress.com
    or Xenscripts.com ?
  7. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Basically - are you asking for a button on the XF forum side to promote a particular article into the WP database so it shows on the WP side of the site?
  8. strongarm_playa

strongarm_playa Active Member

that would be awesome! Is there a such add-on?
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I was looking for something like this a while ago.
    Much like vB4... But I don't think that's what he's talking about. I think he's talking about importing the actual xF posts to wordpress.
  10. Pygmalion2008

Pygmalion2008 Member

I would like this as well. I frequently wished that some more popular posts on my XF forums could be posted as Wordpress articles with the comments available in Wordpress. Even a script which forces people to make the first post in a thread in Wordpress before they can be commented upon in the forums would be great. I am using the paid Xenforo to Wordpress bridge, and posting articles in Wordpress creates a thread in the forums perfectly, with a link leading to the original blog post.