XF 2.1 Importing selected members from a single forum

Wildcat Media

Odd request here. I have an older XF community which is now defunct. Only one of the forums in that community is worth keeping. I am probably going to import this first into an empty XF 2.1 installation, delete the unwanted forums, then use that as the basis to move the remaining forum to an existing one, using the import function.

The only thing is, I want to trim down the member list, and don't care to do it manually. This single forum dates back to 2002 when it was on phpBB, and we had times when we would have dozen of spammers per day trying to sign up. We did clean up most of those, but some remain. I imported this into an existing XF community. In addition, the rest of this community had existing members prior to importing this old forum, and those members do not need to be imported either.

Is there a way I could eliminate the extra members? The members with zero post count, sure, those would be easy to eliminate. I am guessing that by using a temporary XF 2.1 installation, I could rebuild the user post count totals (based on the existing posts from that single forum area) and that would bump any other members down to zero?

Or is there an easier way to do this? I don't care to do it in the database (basically, run a query joining a few tables in order to find out who was active in that single old forum), but if it's less work, I may consider it.

Solution
You can use the batch update users function to selectively mass delete accounts based on the criteria you enter.

You can then import whatever's left to the other installation.
You can use the batch update users function to selectively mass delete accounts based on the criteria you enter.

You can then import whatever's left to the other installation.

Solution
Top Bottom