1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Importing problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by rohit0786, Apr 14, 2014.

1. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Hi i have import vb3.6 to xenforo 1.3 all the content and user are working properly but some of the messages there is an attachment in the vbulletin but it was not showing in the xenforo.

Please tell if i miss any step or i have to do some settings

Regards
    Rohit

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are the attachments linked to the posts?
    Do you see attached files or nothing at all?

3. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

i just import posts are opening but no attachments are showing

4. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Hi Brogan Please solve this issue.... i have done vb3.6 to xenforo import system but i can't get the attached files

PLease help

5. Brogan

Did you enter the correct path?

Are there any attachments in the /data and /internal_data directories?
    If not, they have not been imported.

6. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

in that folder there is one file only in both the folder

If ther have not been imported then where is the problem ?

7. Brogan

The problem was during the import.

You either entered an incorrect path or the images were not imported for some reason.

You will need to redo the import from the start, wiping the original import.
    If your site is already live though then that is going to be a problem, obviously.

8. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

how to redo all the import system

9. Brogan

10. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Actaually i have created the data and internal_data folder manually at the time of the installation ?

Is this is the Problem ?

11. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

hi Brogan i again do the same process while importing when i reached the step import attachments i click after some time it shows import 0 attachments

Please help me where is the problem

12. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Hi Administrator is there who can solve my problem i am not getting the attachments at the time of the Import Procedure

Please help

13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Assuming you had the attachments in the file system in vB, then the issue is that the path you're entering to the files is wrong or the files can't be read for some reason. Unfortunately, it's hard for us to provide specific support for a custom path that would depend heavily on your server configuration and location choices you may have made. I'd recommend entering the file path to the attachments folder relative to the root XenForo directory (use ../ to go up a level).

14. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

my path is correct because i am getting avatars from the same folder. but attachments are missing

15. Mike

The safest thing may be to move them back to your database. I suppose you could be using an unsupported file structure format (that I believe was only selectable during a vB beta period).

16. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Hi mike

i dont understand what are you explaining please tell me little briefly

17. Mike

I'm recommending that you move your attachments back to the database in vBulletin and import from there. You won't need to configure the path then.

18. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

i am importing the attachements from vbulletin to xenforo while importing it gives an error " Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67965224 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in /home/x4earth/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 78 " Please tell me how to resolve this issue.

19. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Hi Administrator i need your help urgently please respond .

1. First i resolve the issue of the attachements in the xenforo thanks for this

2. now the problem is that while importing the data again second time now the users id is changed except the admin now in the database the admin id is 1 and after that starting from the 2082.......and as on

Please hekp how can i resolve this issue

20. Brogan