1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing language in multiple steps

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tosiabunio, Jul 22, 2012.

1. tosiabunio

tosiabunio Member

I am trying to import Polish language to my xenForo installation. Unfortunately it ends with internal server error: Premature end of script headers: admin.php.

I decided to split the language files into two parts. Each of those parts can be imported successfully, but for obvious reasons each doesn't contain all translated phrases. Is there a way of importing the first part and the somehow import the second part without removing the first one?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's a tough one. Since it works with smaller language files I suspect some kind of limit is being exceeded that is killing the script.

Are you running suhosin, eAccelerator, or zend optimizer? I suspect a PHP problem here and those are some of the more troublesome extensions in my experience. For the purpose of troubleshooting I suggest temporarily disabling any "excess" extensions like caches, accelerators, optimizers, hardeners, etc.

3. tosiabunio

tosiabunio Member

Unfortunately, my control over PHP's options is very limited. I've found a workaround though. I imported the first part and then the second as a child of the first one. The drawback is that I have now two Polish language in the selector, but I changed to the proper one for all my users to avoid a confusion.

It's a pity that the script doesn't allow for partial imports.