Importing from vBulletin 3.6.8

smsmasters

Finally purchased XenForo and trying to convert my vBulletin 3.6.8 forum to Xenforo.

I first click "Import User Groups" and get these errors :(

Server Error

Undefined index: visitormessagepermissions
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin.phpat line311
  2. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_calculateUserGroupPermissions()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin.phpat line285
  3. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUserGroups()inXenForo/Importer/Abstract.phpat line77
  4. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line161
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line213
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line156
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/smsmast/public_html/xenforo/admin.phpat line13
Any ideas please?

Thank you!

P.S. I cannot upgrade to vBulletin 3.7/3.8 since my license has expired.

I'm not sure if there are any database schema changes between vB 3.6 and 3.7.
Most likely there are looking at the error.

The importer officially only supports vB 3.7/8.

Is there any reason why you can't upgrade to 3.7/8 before importing?

Unless you can upgrade to 3.7/8, or 4.x, not really.

I'll mention it to the developers though.

Edit: It seems there are quite a few changes from 3.6 to 3.7 so even if this error was fixed, the likelihood of others is fairly high. Really the only solution is to upgrade your vB installation.

Top Bottom