XF 1.4 Importing from phpbb

Blackbeard

So I have a small phpbb site, I went ahead and did the import on the server it was on. I know it's an older version of mysql...

So I moved it over to my production server. I keep getting this error.
Code:
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 2: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '`content_type` varbinary(25) NOT NULL,
  `old_id` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  `new' at line 1

Line 2 is this right here
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.6.0-pl3
-- phpMyAdmin
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Aug 07, 2015 at 11:58 PM
-- Server version: 5.1.54
-- PHP Version: 4.4.9

Any suggestions?

The error is saying line 2, but it's not actually that line. It might be line 2 of the actual commands, or simply line 2 of an individual query. You may need to search for the lines referenced by the part of the query that has been quoted.

I wouldn't normally recommend a dump from (or an import using) phpMyAdmin, but I suppose it could be done in a pinch with a small amount of data. The server versions in both cases will be relevant though. It appears the dump was on 5.1 but I don't know about the import. I'm very confused by it reporting PHP 4.4.9 though...

Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `archived_import_log`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `archived_import_log` (
  `content_type` varbinary(25) NOT NULL,
  `old_id` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  `new_id` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`content_type`,`old_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

This is the old_id part...

I don't have shell access to the server..so thats one reason I had to use phpmyadmin. it's a 70 meg file.

I don't see an obvious reason for failure there. There may be import/export issues based on server version differences. If possible, I would recommend making the dump with mysqldump and importing with the mysql command at the command line (if your host is willing to do that). That should hopefully take away variables.

Top Bottom