XF 1.4 Importing from mybb

NeoCHI

I'm thinking about importing a mybb forum to xenforo but I'm alittle confused about how start. My guess is I'd want to install xenForo on the same server as my current mybb forum, but then how would I see it without assigning it to a domain?

Can someone provide step by step instructions on how to go about this? or is there a guide somewhere already?

Create a directory on your existing server/domain, e.g. /xf.

Install XenForo into that directory.

So you will now have:
domain.com - myBB
domain.com/xf - XenForo​

Set it all up, run the import.
Once you're happy, archive/move the myBB installation and move the XF installation to the domain root.

This guide may also be of some use: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

Hmm, everything was fine until I moved the myBB into archive/ and XF installation into the domain root.

The index page is showing up fine but when I click into any forums or threads it shows a 404...any ideas :(

One of my moderators can't edit their sig for some reason...he's getting "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action", but when I check permissions for sigs in group permissions they all seem to be enabled. Any ideas?

Last edited:
They look good

Signature Permissions

Edit signature:
Yes (Details)
Allow basic text formatting (bold, italic, etc):
Yes (Details)
Allow extended text formatting (color, font, size):
Yes (Details)
Allow alignment changes:
Yes (Details)
Allow lists: