1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing data

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by LondonDragon, Dec 13, 2012.

1. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Active Member

Hi everyone,

I am migrating from PHPBB and I have installed and imported the database for testing on a clean install of Xenforo, I have now tested Xenforo and installed all the addons and set the permissions etc...

I am wondering can I just import the data again from PHPBB or will I have to clean the entire database install XF again and then install all the addons once again?

Would make life easier if I didn't have to do the later.

Cheers

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Imports shouldn't be run multiple times on the same install. There is no easy way to deal with duplicate content. You should take a backup before the import so you can revert back to it if you need to import again.

3. LondonDragon

Thought that might be the case, looks like I will have to redo it all again :eek:

Cheers

4. LondonDragon

Just a quick question, if I install a fresh copy, import the styles and then install all the addons, I guess on the day of the migration I can just import the database, setup permissions and then its all ready? correct? thanks

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yep, pretty much.

LondonDragon likes this.
  6. LondonDragon

Great thanks, time to get it all ready for Monday then ;) happy days!

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Try
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/import-tools-by-waindigo.1255/

LondonDragon likes this.
  8. LondonDragon

Many thanks Doctor ;) to be on the safe side I have installed a fresh copy and have installed all the addons I am going to use, now on the day import the data, ensure the permissions are correct and that's it :)

9. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

It's all good.