Importing blog posts to forum

ekine

My current blog software is IP.Blog. I am thinking of either importing all IP.Blog posts to a forum subcategory within xenforo or I could use the better blogs add-on.

If I choose the blog forum category approach, is there an easy way of importing all blog entries & comments to a certain xenforo category (maybe using rss)?

This should have been posted in the pre-sale forum (off topic isn't noticed right away as this is primarily a support forum).

Yes, when you import your blogs from IP Blogs they will be given their own forum and each blog will be converted into threads along with their comments. You can then move them wherever you wish into their own category or forum, just like you could with threads.

Alternatively, as you have pointed out, Better Blogs which is very stable and user friendly can import your blogs as blogs.

Thanks for helping out.

I have tried to use the feeder in order to import the blog posts and I noticed that it did only import a couple of blog posts but unfortunately not all of my blog posts. Could it be the reason because it does not work properly on a localhost setup?

Better Blogs (@Rigel Kentaurus) does not provide an import script for IP.Blog so I am unsure what to do.

Thanks for helping out.

I have tried to use the feeder in order to import the blog posts and I noticed that it did only import a couple of blog posts but unfortunately not all of my blog posts. Could it be the reason because it does not work properly on a localhost setup?

Better Blogs (@Rigel Kentaurus) does not provide an import script for IP.Blog so I am unsure what to do.
I think you should associate your license with your forum user name and post this in the support forum if you're already attempting to import your blogs. ;)

You cannot import using RSS feeds. RSS feeds are news feeds, but you can have your blog and threads broadcast rss feeds.

An import is when you run a script to convert one database into a new database. ;)

Pretty certain they have Adam....

http://xenforo.com/community/search/5186051/

Oh... ;)
Few things...

Off topic is not support and given the amount of locked threads from nulled sites seeking support outside the support forums, it stands to reasonable logic that my assumption was not far fetched

Second, search links do not keep, so by the time I clicked that I got a nice error that said the page could not be found. ;)

But thanks for the heads up just the same.

Welcome to XenForo @ekine (y)

Either way, that extra two clicks could have been useful before calling out a licensed member. ;) I'm certain they appreciated it.
Given the circumstance... If I had done the same, I would have appreciated my reply. :)

But on the off chance that it is not viewed as intended, I do apologize if any offence was made.

Top Bottom