XF 2.1 Importing attachments/avatars only

Morrus

Is there a way, after a vBulletin 4 import is complete, to import attachments and avatars only? I'm 30% through a large import which has taken 24 hours so far, and its come to my attention that the path to those components might not have been correctly entered before the import started (vBulletin is in /forums/ and Xenforo is in /community/; I don't recall being asked for those paths earlier, so I must have missed that step somehow). Both are stored in the file system, not the database.

I'm hoping I don't need to cancel this import and start over.

It is doable, but expert knowledge and SSH is required to to so.

(DIY: Comment all steps except attachments, put a readline or smth. that pauses execution long enough in getStepEndAttachments(), drop newly created import log, rename existing import log, remove (if any) attachment importlog IDs, start import. Or add code to automate all this :))

Btw: How large is this forum? So far I've never seen an import taking that long, but I've only dealt with forums ~ 10M posts and ~1M attachments.

It is doable, but expert knowledge and SSH is required to to so.

I thought that would be the answer. Sadly expert knowledge is not something with which I am armed! Hopefully I can find a freelancer to hande it then.

Btw: How large is this forum? So far I've never seen an import taking that long, but I've only dealt with forums ~ 10M posts and ~1M attachments.

About 7M posts, but it's a pretty old server which could do with an upgrade. And I'm doing it in-browser.

Top Bottom