XF 1.3 Importing a Style directly from a XF Database Backup

lwlol

So long story short, I was able to extract a backup of the database from the MYSQL server after the web server was no longer available. Unfortunately, since the web server was offline, I was unable to export the style I was working on thru the XenForo interface. Since the server was offline, I was unable to copy the Xenforo that the DB was linked to originally.

So with a copy of the entire database on hand, I uploaded that to a new MYSQL server. I then tried linking it to a fresh install of Xenforo to extract the style I was working on. That isn't working, so my question is does anyone know how to link a new install of XF to an existing XF database? Or if that is not possible, to extract the style from the database?

Never mind, I figured it out, so for anyone who might run into this problem in the future, what I did to fix it was 1. import settings and users to the new installation via the XF import tool 2. enter debug mode 3. update your XF installation if needed to access the admin panel 4. viola!

Top Bottom