XF 2.1 Importing a big board from vb 3.8 to XF 2.1 problem: MySQL query error [1206]: The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size

mark22

After 6 days of running the importer (yes 6 days lol) I got to the point of finalizing the import

I thought the last step would be fast so I used the web interface but then as it was rebuilding users it threw this error:
Code:
MySQL query error [1206]: The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size

So then I tried to 'resume' from the CLI but it would throw the same error, more specifically:
Code:
Finalizing import from vBulletin 3.7, 3.8 (Beta)...

In AbstractStatement.php line 217:

MySQL query error [1206]: The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size

xf:import-finalize

Exception query:

UPDATE  `xf_job` SET `trigger_date` = ?, `last_run_date` = ? WHERE job_id = ? AND trigger_date = ?

The CLI wouldnt let me go any further, so I returned to the web importer and tried again it just said the import was complete without doing anyhting more.

Questions:
1) Am I hosed, do I have to re-do the entire import from scratch? Can I recreate some of the finalization steps to manually finish this?
2) If I start from scratch, any idea what I can do to overcome this problem, I assume it will be the same the second time around

Right now if I try to look at the forums logged in as admin I get an HTTP 500 error (although I can look at the control panel just fine as admin). If i'm logged out and try to look at the forum I dont see any forum list, but I do see sidepanels with the forum stats and recent postings stats, so things are weird

Thanks!

Did you ever get this solved? I'm planning to migrate 3 VB 3.8 forums to XF and one of them is a big board. .. disappointed not to see any replies to your questions. Very concerning.

Top Bottom