Importers

Given our background, we have a fully-armed and operational vBulletin 3.x importer ready. We also have a tool that you can deploy that will catch links destined for forums, threads, posts etc. from your old board and redirect them (with a 301) to the newly-imported XenForo versions, so that Google and users coming from search engines are seamlessly directed to your XenForo content (and Google will register the 301 redirect so you there will be no penalty for the change of URL scheme.

We will likely offer a vBulletin 4 importer, as the database schema is largely identical to vBulletin 3 with a few minor exceptions.

I would also like to have an IPB 3.x importer ready, but I can't say exactly when that will be.

Given our background, we have a fully-armed and operational vBulletin 3.x importer ready. We also have a tool that you can deploy that will catch links destined for forums, threads, posts etc. from your old board and redirect them (with a 301) to the newly-imported XenForo versions, so that Google and users coming from search engines are seamlessly directed to your XenForo content (and Google will register the 301 redirect so you there will be no penalty for the change of URL scheme.

We will likely offer a vBulletin 4 importer, as the database schema is largely identical to vBulletin 3 with a few minor exceptions.

I would also like to have an IPB 3.x importer ready, but I can't say exactly when that will be.

Wonderful! that's exactly what I had in my mind!

Will their be imports for other boards to? As right now i run vBulletin 3.8.x so hearing the importer makes me happy :)

Kier, can the redirect tool be configured to 301 vBSEO urls?

Kier, can the redirect tool be configured to 301 vBSEO urls?

I think it can. The vBSEO rewrite rules actually calls the vBulletin URL structure after all.

Given our background, we have a fully-armed and operational vBulletin 3.x importer ready.
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif
dancingbanana.gif

I'd love to see an importer for MyBB. I have a few MyBB forums but there is one site I own and I think this software would go over very well on :).

A MyBB importer wouldn't be all that hard, considering they already have a vB3 Importer to go off of.

The Database Schema's between vB3 and MyBB aren't that far off from each other.

As I recall, many years ago Jerry said he could write the MyBB ImpEx module blindfolded because the schema's were so close. :D

I honestly don't get the need of a vB3 and then a vB4 importer considering that vB3 converters going to elsewhere have worked near-flawlessly with vB4, unless there's a lot of stuff that XenForo will convert that other converters will not.

Top Bottom