XF 1.2 Importer - Problem with "users"

Richey

Hello xenForo Community,

I switched from IPB to xenForo and try to import my IPB 3.4.5 data into xenForo 1.2.

Now there is an error when importing the users. I have about 800 users but xenForo only imports 45 of them (without displaying errors). All of them are validated and in the same member-group.

Can someone please help me?

Kind regards,
Richey.

And these are all valid, active members on your IPB forum currently?

Yes. But not all of them are active in the last time. And I just noticed in the MySQL table that the most of the "not imported users" have no entry in the "last_post/last_visit" columns. I will fix this and tell you if it works.

Was this an import from different software previously?
I am wondering how that data is missing as there should always be a last post/visit time and date no matter how long ago it is.

Although admittedly I have no knowledge of IPB or how it works, so this could be standard functionality, but it seems unlikely.

It sounds like incomplete data in the IPB database (possibly due to the previous import) is causing the records to not be imported.
As borne out by the fact that there is no data in some of the fields.

OMG, I found the "problem". The IPB database has a table called "pfields_content". IPB stores the content of profile fields there. There are only 45 entries ... don't ask me why ;) I only had to create the missing rows for the other members with a mysql script. That's it.

And thank you for your help @Brogan !

I'll flag this to @Mike just in case.

I don't know anything about the IPB schema so have no idea if it's normal for users not to have a record in that table.

If it is then the XF importer can be updated to take that into account.

Top Bottom