Fixed  Importer importing thread titles on every post?

arco

I did a test import from a vB3 database, and it all went pretty well except for private messages, which I know is a known problem. Anyway, in the first post of every thread, the thread title is the first line in that post. How do I go about removing it from every post, or prevent it from being put in there during the import?

How to remove thread titles from the first post in every thread?

FYI every first post in threads looks something like this very post, with the thread title as shown above. :)

I just did an import to test this. I have confirmed this behavior.

Posts in vB have titles. Posts in xenForo do not. It appears that the importer puts the post titles from vB into the post itself.

There is no easy way to remove these titles after the fact. The best solution is to change the importer so it doesn't do post titles. You can post this in the suggestion forum.

It still does this with beta 2.

(If a mod can move this thread to suggestions, and maybe rename the title, that would be great.)

Just thinking out loud, this would be a matter of tweaking the SQL query to ignore the post title of the first post in each thread. Or you could ignore all post titles.

Better yet, have the importer do post titles, but only if the post title is not the same as the thread title (or the thread title prepended with "re:").

That's if you want no post titles.

And it's just as easy to modify the vB->xF importer script to ignore post.title. Then you aren't modifying your vB database.

Just as easy for some, not for others :P. Besides I don't know why people wouldn't import from a back up copy of the vB database instead of the live one.

Arguably, importing all of this is as it was in your vBulletin install - the titles of the posts would've shown up in a similar fashion.

I understand the point with the first post at least, and I do think the "RE: title" style titles are useless (though if they were configured to be there....).

Top Bottom