Fixed  imported groups with custom titles, title doesn't work

Jake Bunce

(import from vB 3.7 to xF 1.0b5)

I experienced a problem where imported members who belong to an imported group do not display the custom title from that group. Instead it uses the default ladder of titles.

I tried editing / saving the user, including toggling their group memberships and custom title. I also tried rebuilding the user cache. It didn't work.

Ultimately what worked is to edit / save the usergroup itself, as if there is a usergroup cache that needed updating.

edit - it is definitely something with the imported group. It doesn't matter if the user account is imported or not.

Have you tried altering one of the Usertitles?

I had the same issue and at first thought it was to do with the display options all being set to 5 on the imported group, but the refresh didn't seem to happen until I altered one of the imported usertitles (I just removed the HTML code out of one of them and then the rest all refreshed)

I just did a vb3.8 -> xf B5 import, the titles of the 2 groups that have custom titles came through ok. They were plain text though.

I just did a vb3.8 -> xf B5 import, the titles of the 2 groups that have custom titles came through ok. They were plain text though.

Were the titles displayed in the profiles and posts? It is my experience that the custom titles from imported groups do not show up in these areas until you edit/save the group.

It would be impossible for me to be 100% sure, but I do not remember editing or saving at least one of those user groups - and the custom title did show up in the posts. Although I do need to do yet another import soon, so I could specifically look for that issue.

Well I did a few test imports to be sure. I couldn't make the group titles show up by any means other than to edit/save the groups after the import.

Top Bottom