1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import Users

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Harry Rogers, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Harry Rogers

Harry Rogers Member

I have an ancient board running on Snitz Forum 2000 with 13,000 users. The board uses MSSQL and I'm very familiar with the data. Would really like to import the users, just the basics: Username, Password (unencrypted), Join Date, Number of Posts. Could someone point me in the right direction to import the users in to xenForo via MySQL? Any caveats or gotchas, tables that need to be touched, etc?

Thanks

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no direct import method for your user records.

The two best options are:

1) Import to vB using ImpEx (vB's import application) and then import to XenForo. You will need a vB license for this though.

You say the passwords are plain text. In that case the passwords will survive the double import. ImpEx preserves plain text passwords, and XenForo preserves vB passwords.

2) Write your own importer. If you are a programmer then you can post in the Development Questions forum for help with this. Or post an Add-on Request and some one may be able to write this for you.

3. Harry Rogers

Harry Rogers Member

Thanks for the advice Jake. It just so happens I do have a vB license.

MSSQL -> MySql -> vB -> XF

Got all of the users and all of the posts!

In the ACP, I'm getting a ton of server errors, but everything seems to be running ok. Anyone know what this might be from?
    capture.jpg

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a problem with an addon called "CustomIndex". You should contact the author.