1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Import Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ankurs, Nov 18, 2010.

1. ankurs

ankurs Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this is on the road map, but would like to have subscriptions imported from vb 3.x as this is very important part of our forums & without this we cant think of moving to xF.

2. ankurs

ankurs Well-Known Member

Anyone ?

3. Bellinis

Bellinis Active Member

I'm surprised there are not more people supporting this. We'd need this as well!

DaKat and sgthoskins like this.
  4. sgthoskins

sgthoskins New Member

I can't move to xF without having my subscriptions moved over as is from vB. I don't mind re-applying the permissions for those two groups, but the subscription groups themselves need to come over.

I am sure the developers here have a wish list mountain. I am in no hurry to migrate, but I really would like to and this subscription thing is a deal breaker if it isn't added.

5. lantek

lantek Active Member

Yep I'm in the same position.

6. Blogojevich

Blogojevich Member

Yep, same position.

7. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

With thousands of active paid subscriptions in vB 3.6, one roadblock in our migration path is the fact that the subscriptions (with start and end dates) are not transferred by the importer. We cannot manually handle all these active paid subscriptions.

8. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

I have quite a few that I need to import as well.

9. ankurs

ankurs Well-Known Member

10. NURV

NURV Member

Yes, the ability to import subscriptions is a must have. It would also be nice if it was possible to import expired subscriptions as well, simply for record keeping reasons.

AzzidReign likes this.
  11. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

So we are very close to bringing over our forums to xenforo. However there is one MAJOR roadblock in the way and that is the subscriptions. We have 4 different subscriptions currently active, and each ranges from tens to hundeds of subscribers. Re-setting up each users subscription is obviously out of the question.

Can we have a subscription importer please, or is it on the development list? If not I will have to look at getting one made by a 3rd party.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I assumed you meant vB subscriptions so I have merged the thread with the original suggestion.

13. Slavik

Hmm original suggestion november last year and no updates?

Will look at getting one made then.

ankurs likes this.
  14. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

This is a must for me.

15. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

Yikes, just finding this thread - it's a must for me as well. This sort of thing is very important for larger forums which depend on subscriptions.

16. Slavik

Going to hopefully sort something out for next week all going well. Though we are debating whether to have it as a free or premium addon, if you would like to donate to the development cost and be guaranteed access if it is a premium release, drop me a PM.

17. Slavik

Small sneak peak.

subs1.png subs2.png subs3.png

Russ and DeltaHF like this.
  18. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

I just pitched in with a donation for this mod - hopefully the rest of you who have also expressed a need for it will as well. (y)

Slavik likes this.
  19. Slavik

Handling multiple currency import from vbulletin.

subs4.png

20. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

Where do we do that at?