Import questions

Straydog

I converted my test IP.Board 3.4.1 and must say it went easily. Probably the easiest conversion I have done with any forum. A couple things I have noticed is that any youtube links in posts need edited and no changes need made just open the edit tab and save and media tags are added. I can manually change them since there aren't many but is there a better / easier way? Also, I have the forum located HERE/zen... Where is the best location? under the HERE or HERE/ forum or HERE/community? And, what changes do I have to make to get there?

Also, I have the forum located HERE/zen... Where is the best location? under the HERE or HERE/ forum or HERE/community? And, what changes do I have to make to get there?

It doesn't make any difference to how XF behaves if you make it HERE direct; or HERE/sub-directory
I think HERE/sub-directory is best as it leaves the HERE direct position free if you ever need it for static pages, or another script which can only use that position.

HERE/ community HERE/forum HERE/discussions
or maybe another word that suits your theme especially well.

You do need to put the URL on the admin Options/ Options/ Basic Board Information page
and install XF to a directory with the matching name. That's all.

Top Bottom