1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import questions

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Straydog, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Straydog

Straydog Member

I converted my test IP.Board 3.4.1 and must say it went easily. Probably the easiest conversion I have done with any forum. A couple things I have noticed is that any youtube links in posts need edited and no changes need made just open the edit tab and save and media tags are added. I can manually change them since there aren't many but is there a better / easier way? Also, I have the forum located HERE/zen... Where is the best location? under the HERE or HERE/ forum or HERE/community? And, what changes do I have to make to get there?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

It doesn't make any difference to how XF behaves if you make it HERE direct; or HERE/sub-directory
    I think HERE/sub-directory is best as it leaves the HERE direct position free if you ever need it for static pages, or another script which can only use that position.

HERE/ community HERE/forum HERE/discussions
    or maybe another word that suits your theme especially well.

You do need to put the URL on the admin Options/ Options/ Basic Board Information page
    and install XF to a directory with the matching name. That's all.
    Jake Bunce likes this.