XF 2.2 Import plugin issues, trying to migrate from mybb to XF

KhanTastic

Hiya,

I installed fresh XF on my subdirectory and transferred the importer addon files via FTP so that I can migrate mybb forum to XF.

However the importer addon does not show up in my site admin panel and when I check the File health check it says there are files missing, however the same files are showing there in my server in their folders, but site does not recognize it.

See the below screenshot, appreciate you support.

error log.png

I tried and noticed, as soon I replace the hashes.JSON file from importer addon, I get these errors as showed in above screenshot.
And when I replace back the original XF hashes.JSON file, the health of the site is fine :(

Upload all of the files again.
The error message suggests the files are corrupt.

You shouldn't manually be replacing any hashes file.

Once the files are in place, install the add-on.

Upload all of the files again.
The error message suggests the files are corrupt.

You shouldn't manually be replacing any hashes file.

Once the files are in place, install the add-on.
thank you, I installed again fresh XF copy and then installed the importer addon fine :)
I will update this post once I am able to successfully migrate from mybb to XF !

Update:-

I am able to migrate successfully without any errors, all mybb forum sections/ categories & users are migrated to my XF site but I can see most of the first threads are empty but the replies to those threads are there. Is it common to miss some data when migrating from other platform ? Or I messed it up?

Last edited:
Top Bottom