XF 1.2 Import only content & user

cbertozz

Hi Guys

I'm migrating between instances and only want to import the latest threads, users etc, not the structures, addons etc. Can anyone indicate which data tables I need to select and which to leave.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
C

You can't selectively copy tables from one database to another as they are all linked.

You can use the XenForo importer to import content from another database if you need to.

You can't selectively copy tables from one database to another as they are all linked.

You can use the XenForo importer to import content from another database if you need to.

It shows an option to import from Xenforo but it shows (1.2), the existing database is for a 1.1.4 site?

Will it work?

No, the importer is only designed to work with and against XF 1.2. You would need to ensure that both databases are running that version.

Hmmm....OK.

So let me re-phrase this.

I just copied across the old forum, upgraded it with all addons turned off, reapplied the new version of the custom style. So looking good so far. Then went to import the data, and of course (duh!) it copied across everything. When I hit the site again after that it asked me to UPGRADE, although I had already done this, but clearly I copied across some 1.2 files or something similar. So I hit GO and the site upgrades. Then when I look in the addons section it appears that all the addons are live, even though they were disabled when I installed 1.2 the first time.

So I now have two questions:

1. Is my installation ruined because of the second install (it seems to work apart from the error below in the admin homepage (health check comes up :) )

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in TMS/Model/Template.php at line 228
  6. TMS_Model_Template->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 431
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->getOutdatedTemplates() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Home.php at line 26
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /hsphere/local/home/cbertozz/1199ducati.net/admin.php at line 13

2. If you think its OK - how can I get all my users and user content/preferences across without buggering up the install again.

p.s. I uninstalled and reinstalled again a nodes as tab fyi and it all seems to work fine. So hoping the rest are too.

With respect this link refers to the import tool that only supports 1.2 http://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/
This thread refers to importing using the same method http://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325

Surely I can't be alone in importing from an older version (not that old) to the new one? Where is the support thread for that?

Top Bottom