1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import of POSTS from IP.Board 3.1.4 to XF 1.1 RC1 going very slowly

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 20, 2011.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've paused the import and disabled keys as per Mike's suggestion but it hasn't made a big difference to the speed of the import.

It's been going since last night and is still only at 13.31% (of 1.5 million posts).

I'd imagined it would go a lot quicker than this - is there something I need to do that I haven't, or something further I could do to speed up the process?

Shaun :D
  2. CyclingTribe

At this rate I'll need to book Wednesday off work too - any ideas on how I could speed up the import?

Any other table indexes I could disable temporarily?

Shaun :D
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you can send in (as a ticket, preferably) admin CP access details and FTP details, I can try to have a look to determine if it's an issue on the importer side.
    Saeed likes this.
  4. CyclingTribe

Thanks Mike - will do - and much appreciate on a Sunday evening!! (y)
  5. Mike

Oh, just as a note, close the browser window doing the importing before I login to start working on it. 2 people doing the import at once isn't a good thing. :)
  6. CyclingTribe

Okay, closing it now :)

Thanks (y)
  7. CyclingTribe

Just wanted to post a "Thank you" Mike - it's running about 30x faster now - going through them like wild-fire.

Very grateful for the help, especially in light of it being the weekend.
    Saeed and Mike like this.
  8. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

What was the problem and the solution?
  9. Mike

Had to force MySQL to use an index as it wasn't picking the best one.
    Andy.N likes this.