XF 1.3 Import Issue from VB 3.8.7

i_n_k

I ran a test import a while back after purchasing the software that went flawlessly, but last night I shut everything down and did it for real and had an issue.

I got all the way through the processes, and this time for some reason when I finally got to "Import Threads and Posts", I clicked it and it imported "0" posts and then moved on to the next step. The "post" and "thread" tables in the source database are completely intact, so what do you think is the reason the xenforo importer isn't seeing them? Just wondering what that script checks for to begin the import?

We do have a large forum with 3M threads so it took 90 minutes each time to get to that step, and I attempted it three times with the same result. As a side note, before I started, I shut the board down, created a duplicate DB to import from, and as I said I did the same thing previously. Granted that took 16 hours, but it went off without an issue so I'm a little baffled with this one? :confused:

Last edited:
Since you duplicated the source db for import purposes, my guess is that the duplicate was incomplete.

I can't think of any other explanations, and I have not seen this problem reported before. Check the source data.

Since you duplicated the source db for import purposes, my guess is that the duplicate was incomplete.

I can't think of any other explanations, and I have not seen this problem reported before. Check the source data.
Something was definitely wrong. Despite showing up fine I ran a full repair based on your post and that solved my problem. So thank you :)

Top Bottom