Import from vBulletin

SatGuyScott

I moved from vB to XenForo earlier in the year. I just purchased Media Gallery and noticed I could import from the vbulletin 4 Albums.

Now I am worried about running this as I don't want to screw up my site, is this safe to use without overwriting user data or messing up my site?

What are you concerned about?
The importer is designed to import content from vB into an existing XenForo installation.

Take a backup of the database and server files before you do and ideally do a test import on a test install first.

As someone who is both new to Xenforo and just recently imported my vBulletin user albums using XFMG, let me assure you that you should have no problem doing this. The process is practically identical to when you originally imported from vBulletin to Xenforo. Plus, @Chris D provides great support should you encounter any problems.

I imported Albums from vB 4.2 (took about an hour) and it worked without error and let me save an import log. However, even after rebuilding and checking permissions - no content in the Media section appears?!?

Can you describe in a bit more detail what you can see? e.g. Do you see the Media tab or is that not visible at all? Or do you get to the Media index and see a permission error? Or that no media has been added?

This is still likely a permissions issue.

Make sure you have the "View albums" permission, and also make sure you haven't set this permission to be "Never" for any other groups which you might be a member.

If you could screenshot the output of Admin CP > Users > Analyze Permissions: Your Username (specifically for XenForo Media Gallery Media Permissions and XenForo Media Gallery Album Permissions).

Could you open a ticket, and provide database credentials, FTP and an account for your Admin CP and I will look into that for you.

Looking at the screenshot, and the permissions being ok, we may well need to do the import again.

Top Bottom