1. You need a source vB 3.8 database. On this db you have a user with userid=1 (let's call him "Mike").
2. You need a target xF 1.3 RC1 database. On this stock installation of xF you created the first user and called it "Mike", too. Also you set his password to "mike123".
3. Now you perform the import and choose to retain data IDs and manually merge conflicting members. xenForo notified me of two conflicting members:
- Mike (it's ok)
- Dior (why this random one was found as a conflicting member if I was using a clean xF database?)
Anyway I chose to merge these users with their conflicting ones. And then the import continued flawlessly and finished without further errors but...
4. You'll notice that your xenForo import have appart from all other members, two users:
- Mike: with userid=1 but without any content associated to it (0 posts, threads, and so).
- mike123: with userid=94896 and with all the content from Mike associated to it (all the content from the source vB database). This member was put on the Super Moderators usergroup by xenForo.
Also the finished import is displaying "Latest Member: Mike" which doesn't makes sense since it's userid=1.
I think the expected behavior would have been to have Mike (userid=1) associated with all the content from the import.
Please fix this one, @Mike. Thanks!