Import from phpBB with PostgreSQL

The importer is programmed for a MySQL source only.

Custom development is required to support PostgreSQL. Or you could try to convert your database to MySQL. I don't know if that's possible or not. I have never worked with Postgre.

The importer is programmed for a MySQL source only.

Custom development is required to support PostgreSQL. Or you could try to convert your database to MySQL. I don't know if that's possible or not. I have never worked with Postgre.
The thing here is that I'm going to host a couple of forum sections in my forum. My friend here runs the forum on PostgreSQL. I found this:

http://www.lightbox.ca/pg2mysql.php

I tried to convert the database. But when I was going to import it into MySQL I got an error. I will have to investigate this further to see what's possible.

Finally I managed to import the PostgreSQL database into a newly created installation of phpBB. From this point I'm going to import phpBB into Xenforo. But when I use the import module after filling out the form I get this error:

• The attachments directory could not be found.
  • The avatars directory could not be found.

I have tried different paths to get it right but I seem to get it wrong no matter how I write it. How should I refer to the path which looks like this:

images/avatars/upload

phpinfo helped me get the correct path. What I missed in the path was "public_html". The original database was in PostgreSQL format. My work around here was to install a new instance of phpBB and import the previous backup. The database format was now MySQL compatible. The rest of the import into Xenforo worked without a problem :)

Top Bottom