XF 1.4 Import from 1.3- issues

Harrison V

Hey Guys. We re-made our forums, on a new server and all. Once the new forum was all good, we used the import feature to import our old forums (XF1.3) to the new forums (XF1.4). All attachments and avatars were lost. I have them all still on the old forum, but how can we get them back on the new forum, and on a new URL? As the URL of the forum also changed. This is pretty urgent so any advice would be great. Thanks.
- Harrison

The avatars and attachments need to be imported with the rest of the content during the import.
You can't manually add them later.

I did import them with the rest of the content, but it doesnt appear that it was imported correctly. My question is, is when inputting the path in the import page, how does the importer know the server information to ssh/ftp or whatever in, and then download the files?
- H

Did you do the import between two different servers?
If so, it is unlikely to have succeeded.
We generally recommend that imports are performed on the same server.

However, if the database information is correct then you may be able to just copy the directories across (unlikely though).

The files do need to be on the server doing the import. As Brogan mentioned, the general recommendation is to have all of the data be on one server.

You'll need to revert to a pre-import backup to try the import again (otherwise you will get duplicate content).

So...should I have transferred the old directories from the old server, to the new server, then run the import?
How do I scrape all the users and posts so I dont have duplicates and re-import?

hmmmm.ok I dont think I have a clean backup I just noticed...so will I loose all settings, style changes, addon's ect? No way to just delete user data/posts/threads/ect?
- H

Top Bottom