XF 1.1 Import error from vb4.1.4

Alex

Hopeing someone can help me here, I've just setup a new test forum on 1.1 beta 4, and now I'm trying to import my VB4 db into the install, but when I try and import I get the following error:

The requested forum could not be found

I'm triple sure I'm putting the correct details into the config page. I've tried it with both Paul M's importer and with the stock vb3.8 importer. They both worked for me on the same db when I imported it into XF 1.0 beta's.

It's probably something really simple I'm overlooking knowing me

The 1.0.4 import script by paul m doesn't seem to work well on xenforo 1.1
I've seen more people with import issues.

I recommend to use 1.0.4 of XenForo, Paul M's script, import your vBulletin, and then upgrade your XF to 1.1

The 1.0.4 import script by paul m doesn't seem to work well on xenforo 1.1
I've seen more people with import issues.

I recommend to use 1.0.4 of XenForo, Paul M's script, import your vBulletin, and then upgrade your XF to 1.1

Ok I'll give that a try, or I might wait for one of the newer vb4 importers to become available as I'd like to retain my custom profile fields

Then to clarify,

You click on the import tool, it asks you for which one, you select it, then enter your database details of the vBulletin database, right? Then it says it finds it, and you continue. Starting at the first module, step 1. And continue until you import forums, and then it errors instantly saying can't find the forum, or does it seem to work but errors on the refresh?

Then to clarify,

You click on the import tool, it asks you for which one, you select it, then enter your database details of the vBulletin database, right? Then it says it finds it, and you continue. Starting at the first module, step 1. And continue until you import forums, and then it errors instantly saying can't find the forum, or does it seem to work but errors on the refresh?

I click on the import tool, select one from the drop down, enter in my database details for my vbulletin database then the error comes up.

Is the vBulletin database inside the MySQL server as another database?
And is it on the same server? In other words,

One server: both are "localhost" ??

Or is vBulletin's db on server 1, and xenforo's database on server 2?

Is the vBulletin database inside the MySQL server as another database?
And is it on the same server? In other words,

One server: both are "localhost" ??

Or is vBulletin's db on server 1, and xenforo's database on server 2?

Yeah it's inside the MySQL server as another database and it's on the same server

If the vBulletin forum runs live, confirming the database details are correct.
Then the next step is for someone to take a view at the vBulletin config.php file
and the data you input inside the import page on xenforo, and see if they mismatch.
Since that's a privacy concern I suggest to have a mod take a look perhaps.

Maybe you're simply are forgetting a prefix, or there's a typo?

(just walking through the steps here of what I would do to try and determine why it goes wrong)

It's a brand new database that I restored a backup of our live db into, I know the dbname, username and password are correct as I have triple checked them to make sure. I'm out of idea's for it, hopefully someone will take a look for me, if not will have to try again later and see what's what

That message isn't actually in the importer. This sounds like rewrites gone haywire for some reason. Any add-ons installed? Any .htaccess files above XenForo's directory?

It's a brand new database that I restored a backup of our live db into, I know the dbname, username and password are correct as I have triple checked them to make sure. I'm out of idea's for it, hopefully someone will take a look for me, if not will have to try again later and see what's what
Sounds like you got that under control, at least that's all excluded.

Mike actually taught me a great tip, I tried to find the reported msg in the importer script or phrases, but couldn't find it. I didn't think of the option this might be because of a say, a rewrite issue. Noting this one down.

Looking forward to your converted site Alex!

That message isn't actually in the importer. This sounds like rewrites gone haywire for some reason. Any add-ons installed? Any .htaccess files above XenForo's directory?

There is a couple of add-on's installed, one to bring the VB4 paid subscriptions across, and user albums mod. The sub-domain the XF installation is in is password protected as well (don't want prying eyes on it till it's done.

Top Bottom